Introduction to Dieting
There are different ways to address dieting. Let us look at a few:
- Dieting may be defined as a process where you cut down on the amount of food you take.
- Dieting may also be considered as the process of including certain foods into the existing food menu.
- Dieting may also be regarded as a process of eating food in a controlled and monitored manner.
- For some such as those who are overweight and obese, dieting is practiced with the intention of reducing weight.
- For few those who are underweight, dieting is undertaken to gain a healthy weight.
- However, these days’ people take up diets in order to stay fit and maintain a healthy weight.
- Moreover, people also diet in order to remain healthy and prevent or treat diseases.
If you are looking for a good healthy diet plan check this post.
Science behind Dieting
Dieting has a direct relation to energy balance. That is if you consume fewer calories than you will be required to maintain less body weight, thus reducing weight easily. Similarly, if you consume more calories than what the body can burn, then this will be converted into fat and you will gain weight.
While dieting for weight gain, foods rich in fat and carbohydrates will help in the absorption of fat in the body. Thus, promoting weight gain!
While dieting for weight loss, foods rich in protein, fiber and liquid have the ability to absorb and digest body fat. Moreover, dieting inhibits fat absorption in the intestines and increases the metabolic rate of the body. This aids in digestion as well. Dieting also promotes weight loss by improving the energy levels of a person. Certain diets also help in reducing appetite by creating a feeling of fullness, thus preventing a person from overeating.