Bamboo pillows might be the most popular trend when it comes to buying bedroom furnishings. But is it just another fad? Are there really any worthy benefits to spending so much on bamboo pillows? Here are some facts you should know about bamboo pillows:
- They are not fully bamboo:
Bamboo pillows are often made of a combination of materials among which bamboo is also one. Most common material used in these pillows is memory foam to ensure that the neck posture is good. But memory foam is also said to have a lot of drawbacks. So choose your bamboo pillow carefully to pick the right material blends.
- Shredded memory foam would be a better choice:
One main problem that most memory foam users complain about is the excessive heating. This makes these pillows uncomfortable to sleep. Bamboo pillows address this issue by using shredded memory foam. Shredded memory foam in bamboo pillows reduce heat for more comfort.
- Bamboo fibers are processed to derive viscose rayon. This is one of the most common materials used in bamboo pillows. There is a layer of the derived rayon covering the shredded memory foam center. But the chemicals used in the process of treating bamboo fibers to derive rayon are considered to be toxic. So there are other safer alternatives available to rayon.
- Bamboo pillows are great. Because of the presence of memory foam they are also comfortable for the neck. But they might not suit every type of user. Some still find even bamboo pillows uncomfortable. You should do enough research to find the best one that actually suits your sleeping posture.
- If you choose the wrong blend, the hypoallergenic character of bamboo fibers might not be useful after all. The choice of the other materials used would determine how safe it is on your skin.